Chocolate Bacoo Rum Cake – light, moist chocolate cake soaked in rum sauce. This cake gets better after a few days if you can hold off that long.
- 1 box devils food cake mix (no pudding in the mix)
- ½ cup instant chocolate pudding mix
- 3 eggs
- 6 ½ tablespoons oil
- 6 ½ tablespoons 8 year Bacoo Rum
- 6 ½tablespoons water
- 2-3 tablespoons finely chopped pecan (I food processed mine for a few seconds)
- 6 ½ tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons water
- ¾ cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 6 ½ tablespoons Bacoo 8 year rum
- Lightly oil an 8 cup bundt pan and sprinkle bottom with finely chopped pecans.
- Put all the remaining cake ingredients in a bowl and hand mix until combined.
- Pour evenly in the prepared bundt pan and bake at 325°F for 45 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean. Let cool in the pan.
- While the cake is cooling, make the soaking syrup. Place the butter, water and sugar in a pan and bring to a boil. Boil for about 5 minutes until it thickens slightly.
- Let cool to luke warm and add the rum.
- Use a skewer or spaghetti noodle to poke holes in the cake (this lets the syrup penetrate the cake). Drizzle the soaking syrup over the cake allowing it to soak in as much as possible.
- Let the cake sit until the soaking syrup is absorbed and then remove it from the pan.
- If it sticks to the pan. place it in a warm (350°) oven for about 5 minutes to warm the syrup and loosen the cake. Then try removing it.