The best way to start off Mother's Day brunch!
Treat your mom to a few fabulous Mother's Day brunch ideas but start your morning off right with this amazing punch she can sip through out the day!
caramelized pineapple and passion fruit punch
- 1/2 cup (125ml) honey
- 3/4 ripe pineapple, peeled, chopped
- 2 cups (500ml) 12 year Bacoo rum
- Ice cubes
- 6 cups (1.5L) ginger beer
- Dried pineapple rings, mint sprigs & halved passion fruits, to serve
1. Place honey in a large fry pan over medium heat and bring to a simmer for 2-3 minutes or until lightly caramelized. Add pineapple and cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until lightly caramelized. Cool completely, then place in blender with rum and whiz to a puree.
2. Fill a punch bowl with ice. Strain pineapple puree through a fine sieve into punch bowl and stir through ginger beer.
3. Garnish with dried pineapple, mint and passion fruit.